Signing with your baby can be one of the most rewarding and special things you can do during those early years. Its something that can facilitate and enhance the bond between a parent, caregiver and infant while also boosting their brain development!
Being able to communicate with your baby before they can speak is incredible, and sometimes must be seen to be believed that it works!
Just some of the benefits of signing with your baby are:
- They will have LESS tantrums! Frustrations are eased by their ability to communicate needs.
- By the age of 4 they will have a higher reading ability compared with non-signing children
- Their vocabulary range develops much earlier
Don’t just take my word for it!
We have had some previous super successes within our Baby Sign Time class. With some of our babies and parents becoming super confident signers!
Top Tips for Introducing Signing:
- Start Simply – think about what is relevant to you and your baby!
- Be consistent – Signing needs to be at every opportunity, get the whole family involved
- Be patient – Depending on the age of your baby will factor in their ability to pick up signs but everyone develops at different paces!
The Mini Magoos – Baby Sign Time class is on Wednesdays at 12.45pm in Wallasey. Book now for our new term starting on the 31st October 2018!